Make the transition from paper to digital storage in your business.
It’s no secret that we’re living in the digital realm. Need to see a boarding pass? It’s on your phone. Waiting for your monthly bank statement? It’s on your phone. Need to check your work schedule? It’s there on (you guessed it) your phone. The digital revolution is undoubtedly friendlier for trees, electronic files are easier to back up, and everyone saves on printing and mailing costs.
If your business is living in the dinosaur era and your employees are stacking up paperwork daily, it’s time to migrate to a digital business. Luckily, it doesn’t take a lot of money or IT power, just some planning and commitment.
To get started on the conversion process, read on for essential tips!
- Aim to keep digital and paper copies of important documents, such as signed contracts and insurance policies.
- Encourage employees to print less, scan in more items, and recycle paper waste.
- Offer a time scheduling service for your employees to clock in and out from a mobile app instead of keeping paper time sheets.
Once your business makes the shift from paper documents to digital documents, you’ll get to enjoy some major benefits:
- Space savings – Your paper storage will significantly decrease, freeing up more space in your office.
- Disaster-proof – If your business faced a disaster, you don’t have to worry about losing important business records as you stored documents digitally in the cloud.
- Recovery time – Your employees are valuable, and that means that they shouldn’t be wasting time. If an employee takes and hour searching for one or more hardcopy documents, you’ve lost time and money. Digital records can be located quickly – without leaving your desk.
- Cost savings – Depending on the type of printer that you’re using, a printed page will cost you anywhere from a penny to a dollar. Digital documents cost you nothing! They’re quick to scan in, locate, edit, and easy to store!
Are you leveraging digital documents yet? Now is the time to take your business digital and use the cloud. Businesses that embrace mobility for their operations will become more efficient, greener, and experience faster response times.
Contact Connixt to get started with apps that automate your critical business processes with a mobile-first strategy that makes it easy to integrate your field workers, contractors, customers, and suppliers into your processes.